Don’t Lose Your Riding Privilege
- Observe same conduct as in the classroom.
- Be courteous, use no profane language.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus.
- Keep the bus clean.
- Do not write on any surface on the bus
- Do not throw any objects inside or outside the bus
- Do not fight on the bus
- Cooperate with the driver.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not be destructive.
- Stay in your seat.
- Keep head, hands and feet inside the bus.
- Bus driver is authorized to assign seats.
- Students must board their assigned route bus.
- Students must load or unload on their assigned bus stop.
- Students must be visible as the drivers approach a bus stop. If there are no students visible, the driver will continue to the next designated bus stop (students should not be inside vehicles on non-inclement weather days).
- Students must be at least 15 feet away from a corner bus stop for safety. Students may approach the bus after it has stopped and the loading door has opened.
- The bus has a 10 minute window due to traffic, road and weather conditions.
- Drivers must cross all Mission Consolidated Independent School District (MCISD) students on a public roadway.
- Students who must cross the street to board the bus must wait for the bus driver to get off the bus and stop traffic.
- When delivering students, parents must be visible at the bus stop for students from Pre-K to 2nd grade. A sibling from 3rd grade and above may escort a brother, sister or cousin from Pre-K to 2nd grade with written permission from the parent (written permission must be submitted to the campus principal).
- Students may be transported to the following home school zone locations only:
- Parents address – nearest bus stop (within the home school zone)
- Grandparents address – nearest bus stop (within the home school zone)
- Texas Certified Daycare (within the home school zone)
Texas Law and District policy prohibit student unloading at any other place.
- Students that are “Walkers” to a campus may not walk to a bus stop and board a bus.
- Transfer students crossing their home school zone will not be transported to another school zone. Out-of-District transfers have no transportation.